Now today, if she's baking a cake - she'll start with a recipe. She explains how she measures out all the ingredients and follows the exact instructions on the recipe.
Now her cakes turn out pretty good and she even gets a couple of compliments.
But what does any of this have to do with planning ahead? Actually lots!
You see, making money online without a proven plan is a lot like trying to bake a cake without a recipe…you'll only end up making lots of mistakes, a big mess and wasting a bunch of money.
Work-from-home, freelancing or home-business may seem easy, but actually starting a home-based-business takes courage, determination and persistence
But first ... the most important factor in starting a home business is YOU!
In order to be successful, your home-business has to fit your talents and interests. The second important thing is that starting a home-business takes time, some investment of money [not including your regular salary, that you may have to forego], and lots of marketing to get it going.
Here are some questions to consider when you are starting a home-business ;
- Is Starting a Home Business for You ?
- Do you have the discipline to work your home-based-business, every day ?
- Are you able to motivate yourself and work without supervision ?
- Can you handle not having a predictable, regular income ?
- Are you able to learn new things to grow with your home-business ?
- Are you willing to market your home-business ?
- Read some quality marketing books to get an idea of what is involved.
- Are you optimistic and willing to take risks ?
- Do you have time and money to invest to get your home-business going ?
- Is there a place in your home that can be an uninterrupted work space ?
At the beginning, Internet home business can seem really overwhelming. It offers you unlimited income potential and the opportunity to be your own boss. You take the risks and work hard to build it into a profitable enterprise.
Here are some points to consider once you have decided to take the plunge.
- Start-up Costs – If there are any, ie., no regular salary
- Markets - identify whether there is a market for your products or services
- Preparation - preparation required to get the business up and running
- Time factor - how much time can you devote to your business
- Income - the Income factor and the time needed to break-even.
- Skills - whether you have the needed skills.
- Legal - whether the business opportunity you have identified is legitimate
Ofcourse, you can join an affiliate program for free and receive your own free duplicate website, BUT you will need to invest time, energy, and even yes, some money into promoting your home-business!
On the other side, a work at home job or a freelance job offers you the opportunity to receive a regular salary and to do one specific task, and an employer pays you.
A work at home job offers more security and less risk than a home business.
In other words, a Freelancing allows you to freedom to work in spurts (i.e., on short term projects) and then take a breather!
Wishing you the best in your home-business.
The next step is up to you.